Tuesday, June 23, 2015

First Year Mechanical Engineering Undergraduate

Below is a series of photos and a video clip that partially sums up my first year as a mechanical engineer undergraduate. It is the season for preparing for school so, please feel free to comment and ask me and questions you may have about college!? Seriously you want advice from someone who has been through it before. 

Also, I was not able to fit everything into one blog post so follow me on twitter, instagram, or facebook to get the full scope about this Women Engineer in Training!

Even as a very outgoing person and social person, I was able to maintain satisfactory grades. How? "Being social" Actually meant group study times, dinner with friends, and miscellaneous parties to reward myself for the hardwork.

I was given the honorable opportunity to be the Mistress of Ceremonies for the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth's Annual MLK breakfast and I hope to participate again next year! BTW That orange dress is from Old Navy and my blazer from Macy's ;) #CollegeFashion



I presented my research, that I've been working on for two years, at the UMass Honors Undergraduate Research Conference. 



Met Elizabeth Warren and discussed the movement towards affordable college tuition!


Nominated for the Student Civic Leadership Award with nominees such as the Student Trustee Jacob M.


Received the University's Emerging Leader of The Year Award. Side note: I was doing some research about how to get a job at Google... LOL judge me, I know. But one of the main keywords that I repetitively came across in multiple articles and seminars was "emerging leadership". Google looks for someone that can grow, take up leadership when needed, as well as take on the team member role when it is necessary. Well Google, I have that skill in the bag. See you guys at the Google headquarters in 3 years... maybe sooner? 




I traveled to Panama City Beach, FL with my campus CRU organization to do some good ole evangelism. Try something new in college and take a leap of faith... in my case that happened quite literally.


My phone photo gallery is FILLED with snippets from class, mainly physics and calculus. Is there an app for this? A note sharing or collaborative app? 


I did 2 more retreats with my campus CRU organization and connected with some amazing people throughout the year.



My first two months were filled with girlie nights out and beach visits (my campus is 10 minutes away from a beach).

If your going into your first year of college or your last, good luck! I love to stay involved with campus events. What type of cool events does your campus host?

Grammarly yours, SemirahD

Get live updates on my twitterinstagram, or facebook.  


More Links

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...