Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Boston Fitness Review: Hike with True Runner Chestnut Hill

True Runner in Chestnut Hill, MA hosted about 10 selected bloggers for a 3 mile hike. I was so excited to attend this event because not only were we working out but Sweetgreen and Sweet bakery treated us to brunch later that afternoon. New Balance and Tom Tom both showed up to provide product for the bloggers to test out. We wear tested New Balance 880's and Tom Tom's cardio watch.


The New Balance 880's (I am not sure if that is the exact name of these shoes, I will update if I hear anything different) are equipped with New Balance's Revlite cushioning. The main focus for this shoe was to increase durability with the minimal possible materials for a minimalist shoe. My only con to this shoe is that the laces are uncomfortable and need to be carefully adjusted before activities. Because this shoe is very light I am not sure whether or not I would use them as a running shoe, I just don't feel the support.  

My Day Hiking Gear: Vapur water bobble // Protein Bar // Vintage Vera Bradley pack
You can definitely tell from my day pack, in the picture above, that I am not a hardcore hiker. Even though we did a casual adventure around the town and back streets as our "hike", my preparation was completely amateur. And get this...?! I even packed a phone charger and Nikon dslr camera. You can take a city girl out of the city but you can't take the city out of the girl!


As bloggers and social media mavens being stripped of distractions and electronics is hard. Thankfully TomTom was present to give us our gadget fix. We were hooked up with cool watches that tracked our speed, distance, (some of the watches also tracked:) heartbeat, racing goals, etc. The era of wearable technology is now in our backyard. Embrace it or stare at it like that dusty fax machine in the office.  


Sweetgreen served up some delicious and healthy salads. This salad joint is on the role towards 27 locations in the East Coast and rapidly expanding. It is a feat to explain Sweetgreen because, each location has its own vibe but signature Sweetgreen experience. The owners of Sweetgreen, Georgetown grads, are huge music lovers and incorporate that into the brand. Each store has a customized playlist that meets the demand of it's location and the staff are always happy/friendly people. I ate the Gazpacho (upper right w/ peach slices) and Kale Ceasar salad (w/ my fav Parmesan crisp!). 

Red Velvet & Yellow
Cupcakes. Deliciousness. Enough said.


Cupcake shots. Dude... Like seriously. Life is now complete.


Grammarly yours, Semirah

*Disclaimer: I was provided my meals and TrueRunner experience complimentary with the Boston Brunchers group.*

More Links

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...