Monday, August 11, 2014

Boston Family Fun: Kings Dedham Bowling

If you are looking for fun things to do in Boston with kids and adults here is a review of a local bowling alley: Kings. Kings is famous for bringing in celebrity guest, great food and awesome memories! Bring the kids to score their first strike and then buy trophies from the Kings' gift shop as a keepsake. Bowling and dinner for a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 children) will run you around $100-$120. However the Dedham location is in a beautiful shopping complex so you could easily spend the entire day at one location.

Traded in my Jack Rogers for Kings Classic Bowling Shoes

The Kings Dedham's bowling shoes are comfortable with regular ankle socks. I didn't feel any irritation throughout our 2 games. This guy who was a professional bowler was at the lane next to us and he had his own bowling ball, shoes and uniform. Pretty cool but, the Kings' equipment is more than adequate for bowling festivities. However the booths that are set up per lane are pretty close to each other. The only thing separating families are small coffee tables. So there was a small lack of privacy. You can either buy 2 lanes to play and take up the whole booth or cross your fingers for a cool family to share the booth with.

Appetizer (Southwestern Spring Rolls  & Homemade Guacamole Salsa) 

Steak Tips & Pizza
The food was surprisingly really good! I expected mediocre greasy American food upon arrival. Kings Dedham had big portions, seafood options and an obviously great chef because all of our meals were on pointe!

Spicy Crispy Honey Orange Chicken // Corn Bread // Scallops & Mach Potato 

Maple Marinated Scallops entree

I ordered the Maple Marinated Scallops and I think this was one of my first times enjoying scallops. This dish was very rich with beautiful flavor and fresh scallops. I could only finish 2/5 scallops, side of veggies and half of my mash potato serving.

Surprise Birthday Oreo Brownie Sundae treat
Before we started bowling we mentioned at check-in that it's my brother's birthday and the Kings Dedham crew treated him to a dessert and song. How sweet! Again the portions are big so that sundae was shared with 4 people.



Overall my family and I had a beautiful experience and much needed play time. Kings Dedham is an ideal date spot, friend gathering, reunion, etc. Travel here solo, partnered, 4 friends, 14 friends...

Grammarly yours, Semirah

*Disclaimer: I was provided a gift certificate to visit Kings Bowl. As always all opinions are my own and I appreciate all who support the companies I promote. #BlogKings*


More Links

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...