Wednesday, July 30, 2014

NYC Spa Review: The Village Beauty Lounge

*Disclaimer: I was provided a complimentary service in exchange for a honest review. All opinions are those of pageant sister queen/friend Mariel K who reviewed the salon on my behalf.*


The Village Beauty Lounge was a great spa experience, even with it just being a pedicure. It's easy to find by public transportation, just a few short blocks from the L train at 3rd Ave station. The NYC neighborhood is in an area that people of all ethnicity and social standings would feel comfortable. When I first entered I felt a little strange the way they stared at me, perhaps my shorts were too short. But shortly after everyone warmed up a bit. Fabien at the desk is simply adorable! He's very polite and attentive. I was offered a choice of water or tea to drink while my feet were being attended to by a very quiet yet kind lady, Rosa.




They played French language music in the background, similar to what Sadness by Enigma sounds like. It was tranquil and went nicely with the muted pastel shade that was on the wall. The spa staff spoke Spanish in a hushed tone, not in any type of way to make a person feel uncomfortable. Everyone was so quiet that you could almost hear a pin drop!

My favorite part was the drying station. It had a nice set up for you to read a variety of magazines. I saw O Magazine, Vogue, The New Yorker, and the one I chose to read was dedicated solely to Asian cuisine. The magazines were set up perfectly at eye level. I can imagine if I had gotten a Mani as well the set up would've been very helpful. The only thing I forgot to ask was what method they used for drying. It wasn't UV (thank God) and it felt really light for it to be a conventional fan.
The finished work of art! 

They offer a variety of services outside of hands and feet including wraps, massages, and waxing. It's definitely a place I'd return to. I hope this was helpful!

Grammarly yours, Mariel & Semirah

More Links

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...