Friday, July 18, 2014

Book Review: I Just Graduated... Now What? by Katherine Schwarzenegger



For those of you that know me are aware that I just graduated and will be moving on to a four year public university. I and many other graduates are gladly accepting advice on how to make the next step in our lives. 

However... be careful! Everyone wants to bring the new neighbors a homemade pie but unfortunately everyone can't cook. Lol what I mean to say is that you should pick and choose what advice you accept into your life and what advice ends up in your trash bin. 

When I heard about Katherine Schwarnegger's new book I Just Graduated... Now What? I was wicked excited to get my hands on it and be overtaken with tons of valuable advice on how to be successful.. on surviving the transition after graduation... basically a ton of questions that usually bother the millennial graduate. 

via
I open the book and there is the introduction, you know the author giving a story about how her mom let her stay home and ponder about life post-grad because she didn't know what to do to make her happy... Okayy wow your parents are nice. I would've had to get a job and you know earn my place in society. So I skimmed over the mushy parts and kept a keen eye out for the part where she interviews influential people about how to make it and recommended steps post-graduation. Well uhhh the mushy details never ended and the interviews never started.

The first few chapters began to start sounding like casual conversations or essays that the celebrities sent to Katherine to be included in her book. And it became quite obvious that this book was for the first class, 1%, came from influence family. Oh you know the other 99% of graduates who have worries about finances and merely surviving post grad can just read about a life that they could have if they didn't have to get jobs.

Don't get me wrong I did find some cool ideas I could emulate from Blake Mycoskie but, that is only because I met him last year at the Massachusetts' Conference for Women and hearing more details about his post-grad life intrigued me.
via
If you haven't figured out by now Katherine Schwarzenegger's father is THE Arnold Schwarzenegger. This being said Katherine did achieve her goal AND she did not just sit at home wasting away. No.. far from it. She sat at home with her parent's phonebook paving a way for her own life with a slight (*huge) shadow of her parent's influence. 

The book's hardcover is beautiful quality, the colors are pretty, and the idea of creating a transition book for post-grads is genius. But Ms. Katherine did not provide valuable content in my opinion (none of it is her content it's just curated stories) either way, me no recomiendo. 

Grammarly yours, Semirah

*Disclaimer: I was provided this book compliemntary in return for an honest review, all opinions are my own and I would have been disappointed if I had of invested in this on my own*

More Links

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...