Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Graduation Gift Guide: Monograms

Hi y'all,
It is almost graduation time and for seniors this is one of the major milestones of life (for other people a small speed bump). Most people describe this time as the "end of the road" like "Hey! High five, you made it to the end!" In my opinion it is the total opposite, it is more around the sense of "Hey, here is a hug because you now have an extra list of responsibilities." I feel like this is a beginning, a time to prepare for a new adventure and new opportunities. 

To help prepare you for gifting graduation season I've worked all winter gathering some goodies that I think would be GREAT presents for your future grad. These gifts are useful, productive, and and an asset in your future grads life.  


In my opinion, monograms personalize your possessions and essentially stake a permanent claim on your belongings. The Gentlemen Scholar declared that, "A monogram is at best a memento." and @Gailbrilldesigns believes that, "Monograms are evocative of a time when manners mattered and social stationary was essential."


For whatever reason monograms appeal to you, they are a perfect gift. When given to a grad it says, "I know you and I want to prove it by knowing your full initials." or "This would go perfect with your preppy style." or "I'm worried about your social life but, the ladies dig monograms." 

Monograms are my go-to gift for grads because, assuming your grad is in their 20's, they are most likely sharing a dorm or apartment with a stranger who will potentially fall in love with their gorgeous pillows and want to borrow them. Too bad half of the room decor is monogrammed and too bad they don't share the same name. 

I don't know, maybe I am the only one who grew up with a monogrammed book bag and school supplies to match but, when I lost them... they always came right back. 

You know what they say, "If it ain't movin' monogram it." 




Monogrammed pillow by Heit Boutique. Dynamic duo and mother-daughter team, came up with this boutique to centralize the surplus of craft projects and little treasures coming out of their in home workshop.  

 Like Heit Boutique on Facebook or check out their shop.


Stay tuned throughout the spring for more graduation gift guide post :) 
P.S. S/O To my little brother for modeling in these pictures for me. 


Grammarly yours, Semirah D

*Sponsored Post* I was provided this item from Heit Boutique but, all opinions are my own. The graduation gift guide is a series of items that I recommend for gift giving, some are sponsored some are not.  

More Links

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...