Monday, March 10, 2014

"New Balance Fresh Foam 980" Shoe Review

Before the launch of New Balance's 'maximalist' Fresh Foam 980 shoe or 'shoe that encompasses all things amazing that we look for in running shoes', I was fortunate enough to get get the chance to try them out. I use the Fresh Foam 980s for short and long distant runs, cardio workouts, and running errands. 

If you follow me on twitter, instagram, or facebook it is no secret that I advocate for fitness and healthy lifestyles. New Balance, headquartered in Boston, MA has the following mission: Demonstrating responsible leadership, they build global brands that athletes are proud to wear, associates are proud to create and communities are proud to host. So of course when giving the chance to promote and demo the brand I feel honored and excited to be apart of something global yet local. 


Upon receiving the Fresh Foam's I fell in love with the cotton candy colors and began to calculate how many sports bras/yoga pant ensembles I already own that match this shoe. I read a ton of reviews before initially trying on the shoe and I had gathered that this shoe is uber soft, plushy, "like running on pillows". I was thinking 'how could this exist?'... I mean, maybe New Balance really are miracle workers and conjure up secret potions at their local Boston headquarters. 

On my first run, which was a short distance run, I felt like the shoes had a comfy 'tires on the road' support. When you first wear them you may need to break them in and allow them to hug your unique foot shape because, otherwise they might feel a bit unstable (especially if you have abnormal pronation). When I say 'pronation', imagine UGGS that have worn out only on one side of the foot. The Fresh Foams have so much cushioning and molding technology in it that it is just as efficient for flat footed runners. 


That airbrush detail on the sides is gorgeous and unique from the usual solid colors, plain white, or bland tone. I think it is fun and bright for spring conditioning!


Added bonus: Fresh Foam's make me feel toner in yoga pants. I love the Fresh Foam's and have no complaints. When I first tried the shoes I thought that the laces were flimsy and seemed to be made for style rather than function however, the laces are sturdier than I thought and could be easily replaced if you feel otherwise. 

Workout Pre/Post- Fuel: Vitalyte Nutrition Bar
To learn more about how New Balance Makes Excellent Happen, please visit http://www.newbalance.com.

Grammarly yours, SemirahD

*I was sent these shoes from New Balance in exchange for a review. All opinions are my own.*






More Links

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...