Wednesday, November 27, 2013

New Balance Lace Up for a Cure Campaign #LaceUp365

If you follow me on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook  you would have seen the multiple and excited updates that I've posted about the New Balance #LaceUp365 campaign.


I had a blast yesterday at the New Balance Fitness Club yoga class. I usually do barre so, a traditional yoga class was refreshing and new. I loved it!


To honor this milestone and those affected by breast cancer, starting November 1, 2013, supporters can 
dedicate their daily workouts to a breast cancer survivor featured each day on newbalance.com 
by tagging social media posts with the #LaceUp365 hashtag.  

New Balance recognizes that the fight against breast cancer does not stop in October. 
#LaceUp365 is a full-year program designed to raise awareness and generate support for 
Komen’s mission to eradicate breast cancer.  

Participants can visit www.newbalance.com/laceup to join the Pink Laces Club for exclusive 
features, personal stories and tips dedicated to staying fit and healthy and continuing the fight 
against breast cancer. By registering, members will receive a pair of pink shoelaces and 
additional incentives to utilize the #LaceUp365 hashtag throughout the year. Each day, a 
different breast cancer survivor’s story will be profiled on the site, and users are encouraged to 
dedicate their daily workouts and show their support to these courageous women and men, 
using the #LaceUp365 hashtag. 



The New Balance Fitness Club is right next to the New Balance office so a few New Balance employees joined us for our workout, along with; bloggers and 3 breast cancer survivors. Before getting started we all shared a little bit about ourselves through conversation and heard the stories of the breast cancer survivors. They are doing amazing things! Running marathons and being advocates for male breast cancer awareness, is a just a few to name some of the amazing things breast cancer survivors are doing in the community. 




“New Balance continues its commitment to supporting Susan G. Komen all year round, by 
raising funds through corporate and consumer donations, including those made through 
purchases of our Lace Up for the Cure® Collection,” says Amy Shapiro, cause marketing 
manager for New Balance. “We believe that through these funds, we can make a significant 
contribution to the ground-breaking research, among other things, that Komen is supporting. 
Those funds are getting us ever closer to the cures for this disease while assisting survivors 
through community health programs and treatment services.” 

The Lace Up for the Cure® Collection is comprised of footwear, apparel and accessories all 
adorned with the Komen Running Ribbon. In honor of the 25th anniversary of New Balance’s 
partnership with Komen, New Balance will debut a limited edition Lace Up for the Cure® 3190 
running shoe and special edition t-shirts. The 3190, launching April 2014, features the Komen 
Running Ribbon on the midsole and the tagline “Let’s Make a Cure Happen” on the inside of the 
tongue.  

For more information about New Balance’s partnership with Komen, please visit 


November Project Newbie



New Balance had a series of workouts throughout November and one of them included the November Project. Ok... When I first received the invitation to attend these events I was so ecstatic that I think I was blind to the small details and print. For example, I did not know that I was signing up for a 6:30 am workout! I did not know that I had committed to waking up at 4am to sleep-walk to the Harvard Stadium and run up and down 20 gigantic stadium steps.

I am so glad that even though I thought this was the craziest thing ever, I still attended. I had a blast! The November Project is an experience like no other. I highly encourage it for any and every fitness lover. 

Once I realized that I had to wake up at 4am for this event, I did some intense research on the November Project. Sadly, I did not do any research on the weather because, noone gave me a memo to bring hat and gloves! The November Project attendees are tribe members, this group of athletes/runners/normal citizens/etc. are all one big tribe of bad ass fitness lovers. 

Grammarly yours, Semirah D

*I was not compensated for this post but, New Balance did send me the workout gear and invited me to the November Project and Yoga class. To read more about my sponsorship policy, please visit the Contact Me tab.*




More Links

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...