Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Introducing Ms. Annie Ryu


Early this week I had the pleasure of meeting Ms. Annie Ryu, one of Glamour Magazine's 2010 Top 10 College Women. Notes and recap by this weekend! I am literally in a lecture at Harvard right now and taking notes/pics to share afterward! So many great speakers, topics, and ideas!


*Updates 3/15/14*

This post has been receiving alot of hits on google and when I posted this I promised more information. I did do I follow up post but, I wanted to elaborate on this blog post besides the fact that I met Ms. Annie Ryu. Here are some key quotes and notes from the presentation that Annie gave at the 2013 Harvard Leadership Institution:

  • Ms. Annie Ryu grew up in Minnesota and has grown into a social entrepreneur. I recall her quote  from her freshman at Harvard, "By being here I've been giving the opportunity to change it..." The "it" she was referring to was the horrid health conditions in her hometown. In Boston we are fortunate to have amazing health care and assistance for the homeless during freezing temperatures as opposed to Minnesota's developing healthcare. 
  • Each of us live life once and should "question the status quo".
  • Ms. Annie emphasized her habit of thinking big, acting now and not later, and teaching others to do what we are most passionate about. 
  • She advised us (the students) to "recognize our potential to change the world". Essentially follow her role of committing to changing the world. 
Grammarly yours, Semirah D

More Links

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...