Monday, May 13, 2013

Sinclair Harvard Square Review


Pic from our rooftop view. Upon arrival the bloggers and I had to wait a few minutes because, the restaurant manager was trying to give us the best spot on the roof. He has impeccable taste because, we had the best seats in the house. The weather was perfect and the festivities happening just down stairs in Harvard Square made this evening seem like a typical summer rendezvous.




Our host started us off with a taster of Sinclair's mimosas. They had; traditional, mango, and pear. I personally like the Pear because it wasn't too sweet nor too bitter but, a perfect combination compared to it's partners in crime.  



Our first entree was a fresh clam, on top of a mound of salt and sprinkled with garnish. Okay confession.. This was my first time having clam as a small plate entree. I'm used to a roady bucket with ice and the clams alined in a circle on top. So me being me, a beginner food blogger, I take a scoop of the salt, thinking it is some type of rice and I taste it. I was so glad everyone was preoccupied with throwing back their clams instead of paying attention to the table, let alone me! I had to call my mom and laugh this one out because, that was definitely a first.  


Order up!! Next round of drinks:


Here we have the infamous Sinclair Bloody Mary with a onion, local farmers pickle, and pork kabob. This was also a first for me. I've never tasted a bloody mary, well aside from the ones you get when your young with the cherry on top. This being said, I assumed that the object of a bloody mary was to be tarty and sweet. Either I am so wrong or the Sinclair added alittle something extra to their edition because, it tasted like pork and shrimp. If that is your type of drink then it would be delicious but, I am more of a sweet tooth gal.

Are you beginning to see the trend of fresh meat and poultry here? Next was the fresh salmon from Misty Point, VA, topped with pickled onions and peppers. If you are an avid reader of my past food reviews you would know that I am quite skeptical about raw food. I think it just has something to do with the way I was raised, nothing against restaurants. I have to say, I finished this whole plate, including the pickled onion garnish. It was that good...


I think this was their soup of the day. At this point in the event, everyone was socializing trading business cards and getting to know about each other blogs. In between words, I managed to lick this bowl clean. I don't recall what soup it was but, it was very good and light enough for me to continue the tasting.  


We might need a drum roll app uploading on to here because, the Sinclair's fried calamari was the prize winning dish of the evening for me. I've tasted other local restaurants fried calamari but, this one was unforgettable. I don't know if it was the freshness of the calamari or the fried batter the calamari was tossed in.. the whole overall taste was on point. 


Round 3! The Tiger Lilly and #1 drink of the evening. The Tiger Lilly won my vote because, it is sweet and inviting, reminds of the summer and warm weather on a beach in Miami. 

Last entree of the evening before I turned off my tasting senses was the Duck Facet. The Sinclair chef definitely ended our day off with a bang. I was literally so full but, I just couldn't let go of this plate. Naturally, I promised myself 2 days of exercise and I finished off this delicious concoction. 


I think all of the bloggers ended this event with a sexy farmers tan and 2 shades darker than we started. This was a complimentary meal with @Bostonbrunchers in exchange for a honest review. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Forever Random, MsRandomKitty ;*

More Links

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...