Monday, May 6, 2013

Bar 10 Boston Review


Over the past weekend, I had the pleasure of joining Jen & Kerrie of @BlogandtweetBOS and a few other bloggers for a lovely complimentary brunch and review of Westin Copley's Bar 10 restaurant and bar. They just renovated so, below are a few photo's of there new layout! The setting is very laid back and comfortable considering the bustling city and mall just steps from their entrance. Perfect for dates and night out with your friends because, they don't even require reservations like the surrounding hotel restaurant and bars. If you use my photos please link back to my page :)












Brunch @Bar10_Boston w/ @BlogandTweetBOS

Now let's get to the food! The brunch menu at Bar 10 is new. Below you will find photos and my opinion on a few of the menu selections. We had the chance to meet the chef and I personally was able to sit down near the marketing/pr director during the brunch. She was very helpful in answering our questions about the restaurant and their latest promotions. 

Instead of Bar 10's re-edition of a Mimosa, I tried the Super-Fruit smoothe, garnished with pineapple and berries. To the left is the smoothie and to the right is the Mimosa's that some of the other bloggers tasted. The smoothie, for me, was a perfect starter to my day and is a great compliment to a brunch meal. It wasn't too bitter and just the right amount of sweet, even with the added fruit. The presentation was adorable and I couldn't have asked for a better starter beverage.


The brunch would have not been complete with a plate full of fruit assembled is a picturesque manner. The fruit was ripe and fresh, not one bad apple on my plate ;) 


I did not order this but, I wanted to grab a picture for you guys. This is Bar 10's belgian waffles. So cute! I've never seen a belgian waffle this size, they are usually big and overwhelming. Not only was the presentation on point but, you could smell the cinnamon and sugar powder glaze from a mile away! I definitely plan on going back to order and taste these and to make them even more perfect; the jelly is warmed for ultimate mouth watering sensations! 
This baby was my meal; The Brunch Burger with a fresh bowl of fruit. Don't worry I tried a whole bowl of their crisp french fries too! The burger was topped with a poached egg, avocado, and a "secret sauce". At first, I had no idea where to start with this burger because it is so big. I eventually cut into the egg and introduced the yolk waterfall to the burger before digging in face first....

... No joke, there goes my first bite. I ordered the burger to be well done but, this is how it came out. Not so "well done". I decided to try it like this instead of returning it, I couldn't quite finish the meat so I put the burger down and just ate the egg and avocado. Good thing is, I got full off of that and the fruit.

The chef came out and offered a few items for us to share that no one ordered. 

I ended my brunch with their Steak and Eggs. I feel that the steak was cooked very similar to my burger so, if I were to visit again I would emphasize that I want my meat well done. Nonetheless, the steak was good and I am a sucker for scrambled eggs and their scrambled eggs are on point. 

Grammarly yours, MsRandomKitty ;* 

More Links

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...