Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Taste of CHG: Boston Blogger Event

Last night, my mother accompanied me to the Taste of the Columbus Hospitality Group event at Mistral. A classy petite restaurant & bar in the Back Bay. Literally a 5 minute walk from the MBTA station, Mistral, is worth a trip into Boston. The organizations involved in the Columbus Hospitality Group include: Mistral Bistro, Teatro Boston, Sorellina Restaurant, Mooo... Restaurant, Landana Grill, XV Beacon Hotel, The Inn @ St. Botolph. Now here are some pictures captured at the #TasteofCHG rendezvous.

Authentic Mexican food from La Nina
Everyone claims to be "Authentic" but La Nina, puts the "Awe" in "Authentic". If you catch my drift ;) Topped with some spicy salsa, these tortilla chips were the perfect side dish for basically every item at the tasting. These aren't your ordinary family restaurant Chips & Salsa, La nina served freshly fried food for the tasting and it was pretty good.



This dish was nicknamed, in my books, the "Sushi In A Cup". Based with fresh tuna, the crispy wontons and soy sauce added flavor needed to make this feel as if you were scooping sushi ingredients out of  cup. The mixture of soft and hard texture, of the fish and wonton, was a great addition and made a big difference in not only appearance but also taste. 


I'm suddenly overwhelmed with feelings of admiration right now because, the swordfish was last nights all time favorite dish for my mother and I. Props to L'andana for bringing such an exquisite item to the tasting. I usually don't eat the miscellaneous items added on to kabobs. With L'andana's swordfish kabob, I ate everything (Even the vegetables!). 



I am personally not a big fan of peas as a vegetable so, it was hard for me to get a grasp of pea SOUP. Awesome presentation going on here though. Also, awesome mix of ingredients ZUPPA, you have a great group of chef with ya ;)




The #SpringThyme cocktail. Sweet and tangy but the taste from the Thyme throws you off a bit and you quickly get used to it.   



The secret sauce for KRABBY PATTY's!! Oh my, if only spongebob could see me now. Scheduling a meeting with Plankton to discuss the awesome taste, flavor, texture, and ingredients from Mooo's restaurant beef sirloin sliders. When I eat pork it is usually a tough substance to bite and chew due to the new addition of braces in my mouth. That is why when I first approached Mooo's table I looked but did not touch. After a serge of bloggers curiosity, I grabbed a slider and dove in. hahahaha that sounds a bit greedy. I basically happily obliged to forcing my braces to potentially chew a tough meat, much to my dismay this mini burger was not tough at all! The meat was soft and delectable, including the bread and onions. I had no problems eating this with braces and that was a huge surprise to me, kudos Mooo Restaurant.    




I believe I have had dinner at Teatro once, another restaurant involved in Boston's nightlife. Never had I ever had their sausage before and let's just say I had 4 other bloggers running to Teatro's table after hearing my praise for their sausage. Sounds a bit silly but, you would be doing the same if you tasted this sausage with the spicy tomato brodo (Which I thought was more sweet than spicy). 







P.S: I do not mind if you use my photos but, please link back to my blog. If fact, I'm honored!

Love, MsRandomKitty ;)


Sorellina on Urbanspoon

Teatro on Urbanspoon

L'Andana on Urbanspoon

Mooo on Urbanspoon

More Links

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...