Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Beauty Pageant Tips: From Experience

Alright so this year's reign is almost over and I can confess that I have made some mistakes. I'm only human people! So to save some of you guys from on stage embarrassment whether it's for a talent show, PAGEANT, or something where you are the point of attention here are some tips:

1. Good Posture!
I know the judges and audiences are most likely looking up at you, literally (Because the stage is most likely higher than the general seating), so you have the urge to slouch down.. Don't! In my case, I had on a strapless Cinderella dress, I am slightly heavy chested, and the camera was pointing UP at me AND to make matters worst, I slouched. Horrible, yes I know, WORST angle for a camera to see. My dress looked scrunchy and not as pretty as I wished it could have looked on the camera.

2. SMILE!
The camera is always pointed towards the stage, no matter if you are in the back ground or not, SMILE. Be careful of your facials because you don't want the camera to catch you scowling because you didn't win or laughing at another contestant :(

3. Be a good sport/ team player/ etc etc.
You are not in the pageant to make friends but, you are in the pageant to be a role model for others. Just remember, that eye's will be on you once you step into the door. Please pleasee pleasee, remember that because, first impressions will last forever and you can either leave with friends or enemies. It is all up to you!

4. Speak slowly and precise.
You are given time on stage for a reason. Take advantage of it and shine. You want the audience and judges to hear every single word so, pronounce every word clearly.

5. Have COMFORTABLE HEELS that you can walk in. Enough said.

Grammarly yours, MsRandomKitty ;*



2012 Miss Black Massachusetts Talented Teen

Twitter: @SemirahD

More Links

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...