Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Sh*t IB Students Have To Do

To start my new "Sh*t IB Students Have To Do" Series, I wanted to share with you guys the Urban Dictionary definition of IB. Legit a true story:

1.IB
International Baccalaureate Program, a high school program for exceptionally gifted students, designed to transform once intelligent creative students into conformists of an international curriculum. This program is known for causing ridiculously high stress levels, mutual hatred and competition amongst it's students, repeated mental breakdowns, bloodshed, lack of a social life, and the mastery of bullshitting your way through things.

IB students are typically extremely masochistic and rarely sleep. It is also known to have made students who once felt quite smart to feel quite stupid, thus greatly lowering their self-esteems.

Another name for IB is hell.
Non-IB student: Hey you want to go hang out tonight?

IB student: Sorry, I can't. I have a chemistry formal report due tomorrow, I have to read about 100 pages for biology, read an entire Shakespeare play, write a research paper about Stalin, do an entire chapter of calculus, and volunteer for 8 hours too.

Non-IB student: Damn.


I have found myself with a lack of sleep, social life, appetite, and time. Simply logging on to Facebook or my email is a sacrifice of so much time. Even after cutting out social media, I still don't have enough time. After getting pile of homework and attempting to complete volunteer hours, you become emotionally drained. 

One thing IB students are familiar with is acronym's. I have been approached with the IA, IOP, IW, CAS, EE, TOK, and there are probably at least 20 more. 

I've only been in school for 3 WEEKS! If I hear a freshman or sophomore complain about homework I will blow up. Normally when you advance in a grade the load of homework naturally increases. IB abnormally increases and takes over your life with force, there is no turning around. The upside of IB is that colleges take into account that you sacrificed your high school childhood just to get into your top college. They acknowledge that you spent two years in the same classes and spent days crying because of, emotionally and mental build up.

Are you starting IB? ----- May the Gods be with you.

Grammarly yours, MsRandomKitty.

More Links

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...