Monday, September 17, 2012

Banana's Thoughts On Jealousy

Orange you glad, I didn't say banana :p Ok there will be no more stale jokes. This post is actually an intellectual review of a book called Kitchen by Banana Yoshimoto.




I have read Banana Yoshimoto's book, called "Kitchen". Not to be confused with the inanimate object but, Banana Y. is the author of the book and she is pictured below.
To learn more about Banana, here is her website (http://yoshibanana.blogspot.com/).

Banana's book is full of powerful messages. There are so many quotes and comments I could make about the book but, I will give you a piece of what catches my eye within the book.


"Whether she or I were winning or losing, who could say? Who could know which of us was in the better position? The score couldn't be determined. Besides. there was no standard of measure, and, particularly on this cold night, I couldn't even hazard a guess."


This quote depicts my inner thoughts that relay through my head in times of jealousy. At this point in the book, the main character (Mikage) has feelings for a guy and has been approached by some other girl that claims the same. Mikage and the "other women" have just gone through an altercation and Mikage is feeling for the first time, what it is like to fall and feel this deeply for someone. After being alone for such a long time this feeling to Mikage, is alien.

This snippet has the vibe of an ode to single people. Don't let jealousy consume you, be strong!

I really enjoyed sharing this with you guys.

Grammarly yours, MsRandomKitty






More Links

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...