Sunday, March 3, 2013

Ball Square Cafe Somerville

Boston Brunchers Restaurant Review: 

This week I had the opportunity to join Boston Brunchers at the Ball Square Cafe in the gorgeous, family friendly town, Somerville. Just a quick 20 minute walk from the local redline MBTA stop this restaurant is a perfect escape from the bump and grind of the usual city cafe. Upon arrival, I was greeted by a line of apparently faithful customers to the cafe. I wasn't quite sure if I had reached my destination. After getting inside and being greeted by the amiable manager, Mike, with delicious complimentary Hot Chocolate, I knew that for this brunch we were in for a treat. 
The complimentary hot chocolate




A selection of articles featuring the Somerville Ball Square Cafe 

The Ball Square Cafe had half a page of their menu dedicated to just french toast. How could we choose just one. Mike had us taste the Caramelized Strawberry & Banana selection. I was quite skeptical about the bananas but, it was a really good combination between the 2 unique fruits. The whip cream added to the majority of the breakfast/brunch items was not your average canned whip cream. It had a thick consistency and tasted very close to ice cream in my opinion, Yum!

This is the tri-berry Belgian Waffle. Delicious. Topped with maple syrup, fresh fruit, and whip cream, this was the perfect taste of a traditional saturday morning breakfast. 

Luckily enough, the fruit salad landed right in front of me at the table. I was able to pick off of this baby the whole time! They are definitely pros at fresh fruit salad. Aside from their salad, what set this cafe apart was their self serve drinks system. In addition to a few special drinks on the menu, there was something for everyone. 


This is the meal that I ordered. The Crab Meat Eggs Benedict. This had real crab meat, tomato and poached eggs, topped with homemade hollandaise sauce. Going for a bit something exotic, I wasn't sure what to expect. Overall it was good but, for my first time trying an eggs benedict, I should have gone for the traditional because, this selection had a lot of flavors and different consistencies for me to keep up with. 

Grammarly yours, MsRandomKitty ;*

P.S: Brunch was provided free of charge because you dined as a part of the Boston Brunchers.

 Ball Square Cafe & Breakfast on Urbanspoon
  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...